Monday 22 January 2018 (one day seminar)
The Cooperating with Competitors Masterclass at Leicester Castle Business School looks at the roles and relationships of companies that are changing to a new form of cooperation called coopetition: collaboration with competitors. It will examine how companies manage and capitalise on this new perspective to maximise performance and allow you to gain critical insight into a new form of competition used globally.
Through attending this seminar, you will:
- Understand how to best manage cooperative relationships with competitors and tensions that can arise
- Learn key questions you need to ask and answer to successfully use coopetition as a strategy
- Learn the implications for resources, capabilities and uniqueness
- Consider business model implications and avoid the learning trap
- Understand why and how to collaborate with competitors across borders
Delivered by: Paul Hughes
Paul Hughes is Professor of Strategic Management at Leicester Castle Business School, and a leading expert in the area of strategic management, with a particular emphasis on decision-making, business growth and counter-intuitive strategies, such as working with competitors. A highly skilled data analyst and business thinker, Paul has consulted for several businesses and has been a commentator on management and leadership in the media. His award-winning research has been published in a variety of leading international journals.
For more information, and to book your place, please visit our webstore.