Full Postgraduate Scholarships
Leicester Castle Business School is pleased to announce a new European postgraduate scholarship offering for September 2017 study.
Our Full Postgraduate Scholarships which will cover the total value of the course fee will be awarded to one outstanding student domiciled in the European Union or the Schengen Area and will cover the cost of the course tuition fee for September 2017 intake. The student is to have excelled academically, completed an application statement and must have an offer of admission for any one of our eligible Leicester Castle Business School full-time postgraduate programmes. Award of this scholarship is through an application and selection process.
The scholarship also includes an additional £5,000 which can be used towards assistance with accommodation and living costs. The closing date for this scholarship is midnight 14th August 2017 for the September 2017 intake.
Please be aware that scholarship applications for those domiciled in Brazil, India, Taiwan and Russia have now closed.
Minimum entry requirement
An offer of admission from Leicester Castle Business School, De Montfort University.
Domiciled in the European Union or Schengen Area.
To apply, please complete the scholarship application web form.
The maximum 500 word statement should cover the following points:
- Why you should be awarded the scholarship.
- Your understanding of and passion for your chosen area of study.
- How you would make a positive contribution to Leicester Castle Business School during your studies.
- How a Leicester Castle Business School education would benefit you in the future.
All applications should be submitted by midnight 14th August 2017 for September 2017 study. Successful recipients of the scholarship will be notified in writing during the week commencing 21st August 2017 and no later than the 25th August 2017. Please ensure that you have received an offer of admission before applying for this scholarship.
Terms and conditions
- This scholarship is only available to students domiciled in the European Union or Schengen Area.
- All applications must be made through the online scholarships web form by midnight of the published closing date. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
- The student awarded the scholarship will be notified in writing. The award of this scholarship is at the discretion of the selection panel.
- An offer of admission must have been received in order to be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- The scholarship is valid only for entry into the September 2017 intake – scholarships cannot be deferred by the applicant.
- The student receiving this discount will not be eligible for any additional scholarships or discounts. If a student is also eligible for another scholarship, he or she will only receive the higher value scholarship.
- The scholarship also includes an additional £5,000 which can be used towards assistance with accommodation and living costs. This will be paid in instalments.
- All full-time Leicester Castle Business School MBA, MSc and MA programmes are eligible for this scholarship except the Executive MBA.
- Applicants who have already completed a postgraduate course with DMU will not be eligible for the scholarship.
- Distance learning and part-time students are not eligible for this scholarship.
- No cash alternatives will be offered and the scholarship cannot be transferred to another recipient.
- Only fully self-funded students are entitled to apply for this scholarship.
- The scholarship will be forfeited if the student defers entry, withdraws his or her application or does not enrol. If a student is found to be in breach of the student regulations the university is entitled to immediately suspend a scholarship.
- By accepting this award, the student also accepts to participate in any university publicity or promotion as required.
- This scholarship is awarded at the discretion of the University.
- De Montfort University (DMU) reserves the right to review, review or withdraw the scholarship up to the point of enrolment if the applied for course is no longer run. The student will be informed in advance of this decision at the earliest opportunity.
- Where a student terminates or interrupts their studies, prior to the completion of their course, both the tuition fees and the scholarship will be apportioned pro-rata, based on the student’s last date of attendance.
- Applicants must have no outstanding debt to the university prior to receiving the award.
- Any scholarship payment made by DMU in error or paid as a result of false information submitted by the student will be recovered repayable by the student.