Full Postgraduate Scholarship
Leicester Castle Business School is pleased to announce a full-fee postgraduate scholarship offering for those wishing to study in September 2018.
Our Full Postgraduate Scholarships which will cover the total value of the course fee will be awarded to five outstanding students one domiciled in Africa, one domiciled in Russia, one domiciled in Taiwan, one domiciled in Thailand and one domiciled in the United States of America. Award of this scholarship is through an application and selection process. Students are to have excelled academically, completed an application statement and must have an offer of admission for any one of the following eligible Leicester Castle Business School full-time postgraduate programmes:
- Business Management in Sport MSc
- Business Management in the Creative Industries MSc
- Business of Motorsport MA
- Creative Enterprise MSc
- Global Banking and Finance MSc
- Global Finance and Investment MSc
- Global MBA
- Intercultural Communication MA
The scholarship also includes an additional £5,000 which can be used towards assistance with accommodation and living costs.
The closing date for this scholarship is midnight (GMT) Tuesday 31st July 2018 and is for study starting in September 2018.
Minimum entry requirement
- An offer of admission from Leicester Castle Business School, De Montfort University
- Domiciled within one of: Africa, Russia, Taiwan, Thailand or the United States of America.
To apply, please complete the scholarship application web form.
The maximum 500 word statement should cover the following points:
- Why you should be awarded the scholarship.
- Your understanding of and passion for your chosen area of study.
- How you would make a positive contribution to Leicester Castle Business School during your studies.
- How a Leicester Castle Business School programme would benefit you in the future
All applications should be submitted by midnight (GMT) Tuesday 31st July 2018 for September 2018 study. The successful recipient of the scholarship will be notified in writing no later than Friday 17th August 2018. Please ensure that you have received an offer of admission before applying for this scholarship.
Terms and conditions
- This scholarship is only available to students domiciled within the eligible areas (the continent of Africa, Russia, Taiwan, Thailand, United States of America).
- All applications must be made through the online scholarships web form by midnight of the published closing date. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
- The student awarded the scholarship will be notified in writing. The award of this scholarship is at the discretion of the selection panel.
- An offer of admission must have been received in order to be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- The scholarship is valid only for entry into the September 2018 intake – scholarships cannot be deferred by the applicant.
- Students receiving this discount will not be eligible for any additional scholarships or discounts. If a student is also eligible for another scholarship, he or she will only receive the higher value scholarship.
- The scholarship also includes an additional £5,000 which can be used towards assistance with accommodation and living costs. This will be paid in instalments.
- The Executive MBA and PGCert in Professional Coaching are excluded from this Scholarship.
- Applicants who have already completed a postgraduate course with DMU will not be eligible for the scholarship.
- Distance learning and part-time students are not eligible for this scholarship.
- No cash alternatives will be offered and the scholarship cannot be transferred to another recipient.
- Only fully self-funded students are entitled to apply for this scholarship.
- The scholarship will be forfeited if the student defers entry, withdraws his or her application or does not enrol. If a student is found to be in breach of the student regulations the university is entitled to immediately suspend a scholarship.
- By accepting this award, the student also accepts to participate in any university publicity or promotion as required.
- Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the University.
- De Montfort University (DMU) and Leicester Castle Business School (LCBS) reserve the right to review or withdraw the scholarship up to the point of enrolment if the applied for course is no longer run. The student will be informed in advance of this decision at the earliest opportunity.
- Where a student terminates or interrupts their studies, prior to the completion of their course, both the tuition fees and the scholarship will be apportioned pro-rata, based on the student’s last date of attendance.
- Applicants must have no outstanding debt to the university prior to receiving the award.
- Any scholarship payment made by DMU in error OR paid as a result of false information submitted by the student will be recovered repayable by the student.