Leicester Castle Business School is pleased to announce a new MBA scholarship worth £5,000 as a course fee reduction. It is available to three outstanding MBA students who have excelled academically and have an offer of admission for any one of our full-time MBA programmes including the MBA Global and the MBA Sustainable Business. Award of this scholarship is through an application and selection process.
The closing date for this scholarship is midnight 30th November 2017 for January 2018 study.
Minimum entry requirement
An offer of admission from Leicester Castle Business School, De Montfort University
To apply, please complete the scholarship application web form.
The 500 word statement should cover the following points:
- Why you should be awarded the scholarship.
- Your understanding of and passion for your chosen area of study.
- How you would make a positive contribution to Leicester Castle Business School during your studies.
- How a Leicester Castle Business School education would benefit you in the future.
All applications should be submitted by 30th November 2017 for January 2018 study. Successful recipients of the scholarship will be notified in writing no later than Friday 15th December 2017. Please ensure that you have received an offer of admission before applying for this scholarship.
Terms and conditions
- All applications must be made through the online scholarships web form by midnight of the published closing date. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
- Students awarded the scholarship will be notified in writing. The award of this scholarship is at the discretion of the selection panel.
- An offer of admission must have been received in order to be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- The scholarship is valid only for entry into the January 2018 intake – scholarships cannot be deferred by the applicant.
- Only full-time Leicester Castle Business School Global MBA and Sustainable Business MBA programmes are eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicants who have already completed a postgraduate course with DMU will not be eligible for the scholarship.
- Distance learning and part-time students are not eligible for this scholarship.
- No cash alternatives will be offered and the scholarship cannot be transferred to another recipient.
- The scholarship amount will be granted in the form of a fee reduction.
- Only fully self-funded students are entitled to apply for this scholarship.
- The scholarship will be forfeited if the student defers entry, withdraws his or her application or does not enrol. If a student is found to be in breach of his or her commitments, in any way not acted in good faith, or not responded fully or accurately to a university request for information, the university is entitled to immediately suspend a scholarship.
- Where a student terminates or interrupts their studies, prior to the completion of their course, both the tuition fees and scholarship will calculated on a pro-rata basis, based on the student’s last date of attendance.
- Students receiving this discount will not be eligible for any additional scholarships or discounts. If a student is also eligible for another scholarship, he or she will only receive the higher value scholarship.
- By accepting this award, the student also accepts to participate in any university publicity or promotion as required.
- De Montfort University (DMU) and Leicester Castle Business School (LCBS) reserve the right to revise, review or withdraw the scholarship up to the point of enrolment if the applied for course is no longer run. The student will be informed in advance of this decision at the earliest opportunity. Any changes will not be applied retrospectively.