The Leicester Castle Business School Professional Award is a personal development award which recognises the skills and knowledge you have developed during your academic study and your Executive Company Project, Entrepreneurship Project or Creative Research Project, as well as any extra curricular activities you have undertaken.
The lectures you attend and the activities you participate in as part of this award will aim to increase your awareness of career management and the skills required to successfully navigate the recruitment process. It will also build your level of confidence and motivation to apply for and secure employment after your degree.
Who is eligible for the award?
The award is open to all Leicester Castle Business School postgraduate students.
How to apply for the award
There is no formal application process and all Leicester Castle Business School postgraduate students will be automatically enrolled onto the award.
How to complete the award
There are four main areas of the award which must all be completed in order to achieve the award:
- Attend all seven ‘Mastering your Career’ lectures covering key skills to prepare you for your Executive Company Project which will be available to view on your timetable
- Submit a video reflection of three key skills (this will begin during semester one but will continue over the academic year)
- Attend all seven ‘Work Professionalism Skills’ lectures covering key skills to prepare you for your Executive Company Project which will be available to view on your timetable
- Attend a group CV review session or a one-to-one session which can be booked through MyGateway
- Submit your CV to Turnitin
- Complete a video interview reflecting on what skills you can offer an employer and your motivations for wanting to undertake an Executive Company Project
- Complete a 3 month Executive Company Project, Entrepreneurship Project or Creative Research Project
- Submit a feedback form provided by the project host
- Submit a final video reflection upon completion of your project highlighting the skills you have developed and future career plans
What happens upon completion of the award?
Those who successfully complete the award will be invited to attend an awards ceremony where you will receive your certificate.