September 2019 and January 2020 intake
We are delighted to be able to offer the Principal’s Scholarship for Leicester Castle Business School students who have made a commitment to studying one of these esteemed courses at De Montfort University (DMU).
The scholarships are for September 2019 and January 2020 intake study and are worth £1,000 with the exception of the Executive MBA which is worth £3,000.
International students progressing from the DMU Year 0 LIPC programmes are eligible for the scholarship when joining the two undergraduate programmes, detailed below. International and EU students progressing from the DMU IIM LIPC programmes are also eligible for those postgraduate course, as indicated (*).
|Course||Entry requirement||Student eligibility||Amount|
|Global Finance BSc||112 UCAS points or equivalent||International students||£1,000|
|Global Leadership and Management BSc||112 UCAS points or equivalent||International students||£1,000|
|Business of Motorsport MA||2:2 or above or equivalent||Home, EU and international students||£1,000|
|*Business Management in Sport MSc||2:2 or above or equivalent||Home, EU and international students||£1,000|
|*Business Management in the Creative Industries MSc||2:2 or above or equivalent||Home, EU and international students||£1,000|
|Creative Enterprise MSc||2:2 or above or equivalent||Home, EU and international students||£1,000|
|*Global Banking and Finance MSc||2:2 or above or equivalent||Home, EU and international students||£1,000|
|*Global Finance and Investment MSc||2:2 or above or equivalent||Home, EU and international students||£1,000|
|*Intercultural Business Communication MSc||2:2 or above or equivalent||Home, EU and international students||£1,000|
|Executive MBA||2:2 or above or equivalent, plus appropriate professional experience||Home, EU and international students||£3,000|
Potential applicants with disabilities should contact firstname.lastname@example.org Leicester Castle Business School as early as possible in advance of the closing date to discuss any adjustments to the application process that may reasonably be required to prevent them suffering substantial disadvantage as a result of their disability.
Terms and conditions
- Scholarships are only available for full-time courses listed above for the September 2019 and January 2020 intake. The MBA Global is excluded from this Scholarship.
- Scholarship eligibility criteria is course specific please check the table above if you are eligible. To qualify for the scholarship, you must be accepted onto the course (meeting the set entry criteria, please check course details for entry requirements).
- Scholarships will be awarded automatically by the University to eligible students and communicated alongside the offer letter.
- Applicants do not need to apply for the scholarship; the award will automatically be confirmed for eligible students.
- For the undergraduate courses, the scholarship will only apply to the first year and not in any subsequent years. For all students the scholarship will not be available in a repeat year.
- The scholarship will act as a tuition fee discount to be applied at the point of enrolment.
- The scholarship is valid only for entry into the 2019/20 academic session – scholarships cannot be deferred by the applicant until a subsequent academic year.
- Applicants must have no outstanding debt to the university prior to receiving the award.
- Students in receipt of the scholarship will not be eligible for any other DMU scholarship or award with the exception of the Executive MBA Scholarship which may also be awarded. If a student is also eligible for another scholarship, he or she will only receive the higher value scholarship with the exception of the Executive MBA Scholarship which may also be awarded.
- No cash alternatives will be offered and the scholarship cannot normally be transferred to any other course at DMU or to a nominated recipient.
- Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the university.
- Scholarships are only available to students paying all of their own fees; sponsored students will not be eligible.
- DMU reserves the right to cancel any scholarship which has been claimed fraudulently and to apply the full tuition fee.
- Where a student terminates or interrupts their studies, prior to the completion of their course, both the tuition fees and scholarship will calculated on a pro-rata basis, based on the student’s last date of attendance.
- Any scholarship payment made by DMU in error OR paid as a result of false information submitted by the student will normally be repayable by the student.
- DMU reserves the right to revise, review or withdraw the scholarship up to the point of enrolment if the applied for course is no longer run. The student will be informed in advance of this decision at the earliest opportunity. Any changes will not be applied retrospectively.