We are delighted to be able to offer the Principal’s Scholarship for Leicester Castle Business School students who have made a commitment to studying one of our esteemed courses at De Montfort University (DMU). This scholarship is available to eligible full-time undergraduate and postgraduate students. The scholarships are for September 2017 and January 2018 intake study and are worth £3,500.
|Course||Entry requirement||Student eligibility||Amount|
|Business of Motorsport MA||2:2 or above or equivalent||Home, EU and international students||£3,500|
|Business Management in Sport MSc||2:2 or above or equivalent||Home, EU and international students||£3,500|
|Business Management in the Creative Industries MSc||2:2 or above or equivalent||Home, EU and international students||£3,500|
|Global Banking and Finance MSc||2:2 or above or equivalent||Home, EU and international students||£3,500|
|Global Finance and Investment MSc||2:2 or above or equivalent||Home, EU and international students||£3,500|
|Intercultural Business Communication MA||2:2 or above or equivalent||Home, EU and international students||£3,500|
Terms and conditions
- Scholarships are only available for full-time courses listed above for the September 2017 and January 2018 intake. The Executive MBA, Global MBA and Sustainable Business MBA, Professional Coaching Postgraduate Certificate are excluded from this Scholarship.
- Scholarship eligibility criteria is course specific please check the table above if you are eligible. To qualify for the scholarship, you must be accepted onto the course (meeting the set entry criteria, please check course details for entry requirements).
- Scholarships will be awarded automatically by the University to eligible students and communicated alongside the offer letter.
- For the undergraduate courses, the scholarship will only apply to the first year and not in any subsequent years. For all students the scholarship will not be available in a repeat year.
- The scholarship will act as a tuition fee discount to be applied at the point of enrolment.
- Applicants do not need to apply for the scholarship; the award will automatically be confirmed for eligible students.
- The scholarship is valid only for entry into the 2017 academic session – scholarships cannot be deferred by the applicant until a subsequent academic year.
- Applicants must have no outstanding debt to the university.
- Students in receipt of the scholarship will not be eligible for any other DMU scholarship or award . If eligible for more than one scholarship, they would usually be awarded the scholarship of the highest value.
- No cash alternatives will be offered and the scholarship cannot normally be transferred to any other course at DMU or to a nominated recipient.
- Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the university.
- Students receiving this discount will not be eligible for any additional scholarships or discounts. If a student is also eligible for another scholarship, he or she will only receive the higher value scholarship.
- Scholarships are only available to students paying all of their own fees; sponsored students will not be eligible.
- DMU reserves the right to cancel any scholarship which has been claimed fraudulently and to apply the full tuition fee.
- Where a student terminates or interrupts their studies, prior to the completion of their course, both the tuition fees and scholarship will calculated on a pro-rata basis, based on the student’s last date of attendance.
- Applicants must have no outstanding debt to the university prior to receiving the award.
- Any scholarship payment made by DMU in error or paid as a result of false information submitted by the student will normally be repayable by the student.
- DMU reserves the right to revise, review or withdraw the scholarship up to the point of enrolment if the applied for course is no longer run. The student will be informed in advance of this decision at the earliest opportunity. Any changes will not be applied retrospectively.