28 November 2017 (one day seminar)
The Succeeding Across Cultures Masterclass at Leicester Castle Business School aims to move the perception and experience of culture from an invisible barrier to a tangible asset.
Targeted at professionals, this one day interactive programme will equip you with the concepts, practical models and strategies you need to understand the cultural issues and barriers you face. It will also allow you to develop your knowledge of culturally-based expectations and identify personal behavioural strategies to produce consistent success in cross-cultural business interactions.
- Establishing the basics
- Identifying needs and expectations
- National culture as a business issue
- Identifying, assessing and drawing practical lessons from real life
- Introduction to a Model of National Culture
- Analysis of culture in the workplace
- Implementation of personal behavioural approaches
- Individual action planning
Through attending this seminar, you will:
- Be introduced to a practical Model of National Culture – that will enable you to understand what is happening across all cultures
- Gain knowledge – by significantly improving your understanding of the thinking, motives and actions of others by becoming aware of your own culturally-based preferences, priorities, motives and default behaviour patterns
- Enhance your skills skills – by identifying a range of informed, purposeful behaviour choices that will give you the opportunity to produce different and better outcomes in your cross-cultural interactions, and a methodology for applying them in a real-world context
Delivered by: Stephen Martin
Stephen Martin is a highly experienced international business practitioner and consultant, having held senior business HR roles across Europe, Latin America, the United States and Asia, and has consulted for a wide range of major global organisations across multiple business sectors. Stephen is a certified Master Trained on the Culture in the Workplace Questionnaire™ and is a powerful coach and highly effective trainer. Stephen will deliver his considerable experience and expertise through his lively, interactive style.
For more information, and to book your place, please visit our webstore.